Mr. V. B. Haribhakti
Mr. V. B. Haribhakti has been the guiding light for Baker Tilly. His professional career personifies the quality orientation that Baker Tilly has aspired for and has modelled its service delivery process on.
Mr. V. B. Haribhakti is a prominent and respected figure in trade and industrial circles in India. The Government of India had appointed him as an Independent Director in public sector enterprises and as a member of the Sales Tax Enquiry Committee. He continues to render guidance to many large limited companies as an Independent Director.
Mr. V. B. Haribhakti was the Deputy Leader of the Indian delegation to the IX International Congress of Accountants held in Paris where he submitted a paper on “Accountant’s Role in the Evaluation of Capital Investments”. He is the author of "Taxation of Non-Residents in India".
As a recognition for his outstanding achievements, he was awarded the International Man of the Year 2000-01 by the International Centre, Cambridge, England.
Affiliations & Memberships
Mr. V. B. Haribhakti has contributed (as President/Key Member) to furthering the interest and activities of prestigious public and private forums including:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
- Indian Merchants’ Chamber (IMC)
- Rotary Club of Bombay Mid-Town
- Council for Fair Business Practices, the apex body of trade and industry in India
- The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)
- All-India Board of Technical Studies in Management
- Visiting Professor of Accountancy, Sydenham College
- Boards of Studies in Accountancy